20110322

Goodness On The Spot

I was coming back home the other day by car.
On one of bridges that I took, stood an old man with some bags, waving to the passerby, wishing someone would give him a lift.
He seemed really helpless.

Although I saw him from afar,
it took me 3 seconds to realize that I wanted to give him a lift,
but it was too late, since I was in the fast lane.

I decided to make a u-turn and pick him up.
While doing this action (that took nearly 30 seconds),
I thought of how I might have missed my chance in doing a good deed
and that I will arrive only to see that the man disappeared.

I wasn't wrong.
I arrived just in time to see another guy picking the old man up.
It felt as if we were racing for doing the good deed, it made me smile.
-------
Never think a good action twice.
If you feel it, do it on the spot or else you will lose your chance.