20110322

Goodness On The Spot

I was coming back home the other day by car.
On one of bridges that I took, stood an old man with some bags, waving to the passerby, wishing someone would give him a lift.
He seemed really helpless.

Although I saw him from afar,
it took me 3 seconds to realize that I wanted to give him a lift,
but it was too late, since I was in the fast lane.

I decided to make a u-turn and pick him up.
While doing this action (that took nearly 30 seconds),
I thought of how I might have missed my chance in doing a good deed
and that I will arrive only to see that the man disappeared.

I wasn't wrong.
I arrived just in time to see another guy picking the old man up.
It felt as if we were racing for doing the good deed, it made me smile.
-------
Never think a good action twice.
If you feel it, do it on the spot or else you will lose your chance.

6 comments:

  1. c'est au moment où tu as décidé d'aider que l'action a été accomplie mentalement. Tu as vu quelqu'un d'autre l'accomplir, tant mieux donc tu as été témoin de deux bonnes actions. Mais tu as raison de penser qu'on devrait agir tout de suite halla2 law kint 3ala el khatt el bati2 ye3ni mechi 3ala mahlak aktar kenit zabatit ma3ak. Khayra bi ghayra. Love you son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you mother for following me :)
    Well the fast lane doesn't always mean that I was driving fast.
    But I like the idea of having completed my good deed mentally, mannik hayyneh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'ai deja eu cette experience avec une eune fille sous la pluie... je t'embrasse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for always following my writings Hala, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice Samah... i passed in this situation before... very well written :), and very interesting topic to write about... cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are actions that must be accomplished.
    Better for you to choose the good ones, but bad ones will be too.

    ReplyDelete